SCHA Front Line
Service Training Workshops
Get ready for the upcoming season and refresh your front line staff with affordable half-day training sessions presented by Sonoma County Hospitality Association.
What a great time for a ‘service tune up’! These sessions will be designed for all segments of hospitality, from hotel guest services to tasting room customer service. We are excited to introduce our presenter, Thomas C. Padron, Ph.D, Program Coordinator & Assistant Professor, California State University, East Bay.
Two sessions to choose from:
- Wednesday, May 15: 9:00 AM – Noon
- Wednesday, May 15: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Both sessions will be held at Safari West, 3115 Porter Creek Rd, Santa Rosa 95404
Each session will cover the following topics and will include materials for ongoing follow-up and a Certificate of Completion:
- Professional Etiquette, Professional Presence, Communication (Verbal Skills and Body Language), Movement and Posture, Focus and Purpose, and Eye Contact
- Introduction to the Service Culture Statement
- Acting vs. Genuine Relationship
- The Responsibility of the Service Professional
- The Guest: Understanding Who We Serve
- Guest Expectations: The Service Experience and Creating a Community
- The Golden Rule vs. The Platinum Rule of Service
- Defining Service
- Introduction to Embracing Service
- Balancing the Relationship between the Giver and Receiver of Service
- The Art Form of Service: Attention to Detail, Presence, The Art of Listening.
Seating is limited, so be sure to register today!
Cost to attend: $45/SCHA Members $70 Non-Member
Not a Member? Join now!
Presenter Bio: Thomas C. Padron, Ph.D.
Dr. Padron is a hospitality industry veteran with experience that encompasses the hospitality, travel, tourism and business industries. He has mentored and guided both students and professionals in developing their customer service acumen and has had great success in assisting them in enhancing their careers. Dr. Padron has a deep passion for customer service and his goal is to educate and inform aspiring professionals and professionals on the details and intricacies of the ever-changing world of customer service. He has presented customer service seminars for universities and organizations and is the Program Coordinator and Assistant Professor of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Cal State East Bay, Hayward, CA, and is an Instructor of Hospitality Management at the College of Marin, Kentfield, CA. Dr. Padron has a Ph.D. in Business Organization and Management with a Specialization in Leadership.